Saturday, October 2, 2010

Wow!

I didn't have time to post prior to surgery that my son surprised me on Sept. 25th with a phone call at 3am asking if he could "come in." He had driven 11 hours to be with Teri and I through surgery and homecoming. Let's just say that is the best surprise a mother could have!! It has been so wonderful having a man around to help with some of my "honey do" items. I am very grateful. More than the honey do items, it was great having him spend the day after surgery with me at the hospital "just hanging around."

Then Teri, Isabella, and Wendy (Isabella's god mom and my adopted daughter) came to visit. What an awesome day!

Kevin (a good friend) and Mark (Isabella's god dad) came separately late afternoon the day of surgery. Though I was groggy and dozing off during our conversations, it was great to have the visitors and to have the beautiful prayers they offered up.

God is SO amazing. After patiently waiting for me for years to move back closer to Him, he has surrounded me with His love through family and friends. Praise God, and the wonderful outpouring of love and caring that He has shown me throughout this whole process.

I just want to say to everyone...God doesn't require church attendance to know Him. He is always there waiting to show you His love and grace...all you need to do is have faith and acknowledge Him. He knows we are flawed and doesn't ask for perfection...all he wants is for us to rest in His abiding love.

I will continue to blog my journey through chemo and beyond...thanks for sharing the journey with me.

Namaste.

Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment