Tuesday, October 26, 2010

PET/CT Scan and other things...

So yesterday I took matters into my own hands and went to the imaging place and got the report for my PET/CT scan (I do not have the patience to wait until next week to see my doctor). Finally, good news!!! No signs that the cancer has spread...at least nowhere in my torso...YEAH!!! WOOOHOOO!!! ...Haven't checked my brain yet...that, I believe would be an MRI...which hasn't been ordered and not sure what the plan is for that.

Today I went for my echocardiogram to make sure my heart muscle is strong enough to handle the chemo drugs. Again, won't get this result until next week. With this one, I am not so worried because I know my heart is strong.

I am actually going to try to sleep in my bed tonight for the first time in a month...my recliner is sooooo comfy though!! We'll see how it goes.

The other good news is that I went all day yesterday and now all day today without pain meds...YEAH!! I am still taking my nerve pain meds and vicodin at night to ensure I sleep well.

I have a big adventure tomorrow...totally not cancer related but still health related. I am an ambassador for the Diabetes Association and will be speaking at the Red Strider (those living with diabetes) kick off dinner tomorrow evening. Shouldn't be too taxing since I am not speaking long...drive downtown, eat, speak, come home...piece of cake.

That's it for now...no other doctor appointments this week...another YEAH!!


Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment