Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Drains are out!

I just have to say it...sometimes it feels like I will never feel "normal" again. I KNOW I will, but man this is a slow process.

Had my drains removed yesterday -- YEAH!! -- it was NOT a pain-free experience. Not worrying about them and logging the amount of fluid draining is a good thing though. So according to the surgeon, his "work is done" ... that was quick!

I am also trying to get off the pain meds -- this is the part I hate the most. Not because I enjoy being in an altered state but because of the withdrawal symptoms...and of course the pain that seems to be at a higher level than what I would expect. Not so sure I am really ready to be off the meds.

In addition, I am still fighting the stupid yeastie beasties...will they every give up and go away?

I had read the pain described as a sunburn...I am now at that point. So right now, it feels as though my arm pits and chest feel as though they are bound by rubber bands and the skin is sunburned. My digestive tract is screwed up by the pain meds, and the yeast has taken over...yeah, this is where I want to be!

My PET scan is scheduled for Thursday to see if this bugger migrated anywhere else in my body. Next Tuesday, I have an echocardiogram scheduled to see if my heart can handle the chemo meds. Then on the 3rd it is back to the oncologist to discuss the clinical trial, insurance, and hopefully to get things scheduled.

The good news is that I am going to try to sleep in my bed tonight...YEAH!! My ankles and feet are a bit swollen so I am hoping sleeping in bed will help. (Plus I don't want to wear out my wonderful recliner!)

I want to again thank everyone for your love and support through all of this.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment